Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: I love the 90's : Part Deux

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I love the 90's : Part Deux

    I'm addicted to these vh1 shows, but have you guys seen "I love 92"...the clip where George Bush pukes on the Prime Minister of China. Ah! I know it's awful, but I laugh my butt off every time I see it...and the comedians talking about it just kill me.

    That one guy is like, "We all go back to 3rd grade....'hehehe...George just puked. He threw up on the prime minister..."

    Sorry. I just saw it this evening and I was rollin'.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    Yeah, these shows are pretty funny. There is one comedian who is hilarious. I can't think of his name though
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    the thing's I hate about all these VH1 show's is that they have a bunch of nobody's sitting around making fun of these people who use to be what they never will become.
    They act all high and mighty but what have they ever done.
    I really hate the channel when they get into "negative" mode. Worst metal moments. worst metal songs, worst ballads........
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    check out this discusion about VH1 and their ways.
    http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/in...showtopic=3357
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    I just skimmed that link...

    Geez, these people really DO hate vh1. I don't know, I think it's funny. Since when did it matter to metal if vh1 or mtv played their stuff? And vh1 doesn't play "crap rap" or hip hop very much at all as someone stated on the thread.

    I don't know. I see the shows as entertaining, but I'm a pretty jolly person about most things. Most of the music I listen to isn't played on vh1 or mtv anyway so it doesn't matter to me.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    Read some replies on that forum and all I can say is that those people speak the truth. MTV has been bought off by rap. Only other thing they show are these crappy shows like Road Rules Challenge....only thing fathomable they show is Viva La Bam.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    That's why there's MTV2. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    I personally can't turn on MTV and find my favorite bands or artists. Does that tick me off? No. There's a certain attitude between MTV and certain genres of music. Metal, indie, any underground genre just to name a few....they really don't want to be played on MTV. Who wants to be on MTV - the Good Charlottes, the Ashlee Simpsons, the Hilary Duffs, the Simple Plans - which is fine. That's their music station. To tell the truth, there isn't much rap or hip hop on there. Maybe on the show specifically for hip hop, like Direct Effect, or when someone gets voted onto TRL. Also, is a matter of their market. When I was in NYC and walked past the MTV studios they were getting ready to tape TRL and they especially wanted 13-25 year olds standing out there. If you go to MTV trying to find the latest up and coming metal or the indie band that only plays at back alley hole in the wall clubs, you are going to be highly disappointed. I just don't understand the angst against MTV. They are a corporation just like the rest of the world, trying to make money at what they do best.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    it works both ways mikmo, most black people are very unhappy that BET stinks now since its been bought by MTV.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    I love those shows. They pick on everyone at some point, especially in the "Best Week Ever" shows.

    I don't think they act very "high and mighty" or aspire to have the careers that some have had. If you take it to seriously, I guess the shows would be offensive to you though.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: I love the 90's : Part Deux

    Barfing in China was the best thing Bush did while in office! VH1 does some odd stuff but so was Saturday Night Live for years, at least that is how was seen by some. If the humor bothers folks I guess it must be offensive. But then again at work I find myself laughing when things fall "Hell to breakfast apart" and I'll be there 18 hours before I go home. Here is another thought, Charlie Daniel's Devil went down to Georgia might have been the first rap song, what a start for that industry. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •